Is your child not completely confident with his or her skating skills? Are they looking to take up a new hobby or sport? Register them today for the Waukesha County Hockey Player Development Program to learn to skate and play hockey.
Children ages 4 to 12 can participate in this two-session program at either Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena, 2699 Golf Road in Delafield, or Eble Park Ice Arena, 19400 W. Bluemound Road in Brookfield.
During Session One, participants will learn to skate, focusing on basic skating skills needed to play hockey. Session Two will teach participants how to play hockey by introducing basic hockey skills, including stick handling, shooting, passing and game play. Each session will include one 45 minute lesson per week. Both eight-week sessions must be completed before being eligible for Waukesha County Youth Hockey League Play.
Register for Session One at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena for Saturday morning sessions from 8:00 to 8:45 a.m. October 3 thru November 21. Session Two at Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena will be held Saturday mornings January 9 thru February 27 from 8:00 to 8:45 a.m.
Register for Session One at Eble Park Ice Arena for Friday evening sessions from 5:15 to 6:00 p.m. October 2 thru November 20. Session Two at Eble Park Ice Arena will be held Friday evenings January 8 thru February 26 from 5:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Special equipment is required for each session. Session One requires participants to have a helmet with face mask, knee pads or hockey shinguards, elbow pads and gloves or mittens. Hockey skates are also recommended, though free rentals will be available at all lessons. A free jersey will also be supplied for Session One. Session Two requires participants to bring all items required for Session One, in addition to a hockey stick, mouth guard and hockey shinguards. Limited quantities and sizes of equipment will be available through Waukesha County.
Cost per session is $100.00, or $180.00 for both eight-week sessions if paid before September 15. For more information, contact Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena at (252) 646-7072 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Eble Park Ice Arena at (262) 784-7512 or email@example.com.
Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6