The Menomonee Falls Public Library will host a workshop entitled Using Technology for Genealogy presented by genealogist Jane Orne on Wednesday, May 13 at 7 PM. Ms. Orne will discuss websites offering free access to records, books, and other information of genealogical importance, such as the Milwaukee Archdiocese records, as well as resources available at the Family History Center in Hales Corners. The program will be held in the Meeting Room and will run about 2 hours in length. Registration is limited and can be done by phoning 262-532-8920. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Menomonee Falls Public Library.
Ms. Orne is the director of the Family History Center, where one-on-one help in genealogical research is available to the public, and she also oversees the Kenosha and Elkhorn history centers. She has done genealogy research since the 1970s, including taking courses at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City.
For more information, call 262-532-8920. or -8912.
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6
- August Movies at the Falls Library
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"