A Milwaukee Premier
A Tale of Two Cities
A Charles Dickens’ Classic
Performed at Eastbrook Church
5385 N Green Bay Ave
September 19, 20, 25, 26, 27 at 7:30 pm and 21 & 28 at 2:00 pm
Almost 80 years ago, the famed actor Sir Arthur John Gielgud (1904-2000) and playwright Sir Terence Rattigan (1911-1977) wrote this stage adaptation of A Tale of Two Cities, but it was never staged until last year in a theater in England. Morning Star Productions is the first group to air this play in the Milwaukee area.
“This adaptation marries three of the finest artists in their own fields that England has ever known: Dickens the master story-teller, Rattigan the great playwright and Gielgud the mercurial actor.” (samuelfrench-london.co.uk)
The play brings Charles Dickens’ magnificent story of revolution and redemption to life with simplicity and power. It’s about a man who embarks on a stunning and perilous scheme during the French Revolution to redeem an innocent man from the guillotine.
Morning Star Productions is a semi-professional, non-profit theater. Our casts include professional actors from the Milwaukee area. We produce three plays a year in the theater space at Eastbrook Church in Milwaukee
To order tickets, or for more information, visit morningstarproductions.org
or call 414.228.5220, Ext. 385.
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6
- August Movies at the Falls Library
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"