The Healing Space, a Menomonee Falls wellness center,is offering Laughter Yoga training in Peace Yoga studio on Sunday, June 1st from 9-3. This class will offer participants the skills and techniques to lead Laughter Yoga groups.
Laughter Yoga offers such health benefits as less hypertension, increased immunity, decreased anxiety and depression and an over all sense of well being.
Laughter Yoga is bring used in health care settings, schools, mental health centers and businesses. It is not traditional yoga with poses, but involves using diaphragmatic breathing and fun exercises and laughter.
The human body loves laughter and most people find that like traditional exercise, we feel better after we have been laughing. One interesting laughter fact; if a person laughs for a sustained 15 minutes it has the same effect on our abs as doing 100 sit-ups.
The cost for this training is $100 and includes lunch, snacks, all materials and a certificate signed by Elizabeth Boeck LCSW, the trainer and founder Dr. Madan Kateria. Elizabeth was trained at the Satchanondada Ashram in Virginia.
Groups of three or more will receive a 10% discount and groups of five or more, 15% discount.
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6
- August Movies at the Falls Library
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"