HOPE Network is offering its Edmund Springman Educational Grants to area single mothers pursuing post-high-school education (technical school or college). The money may be used to cover tuition, day-care costs or both.
Four $1,000 grants will be given for the fall 2014 & spring 2015 spring semesters. Applications must be postmarked by April 30.
Applicants must be HOPE Network members, and can submit membership applications (see form on website) when applying for the grant. Applicant must be a single mother of a child under 18 or a single female legal guardian of a minor child. She must reside in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, or Racine Counties. Grant winners will volunteer 10 hours to HOPE Network or a local community organization.
Applicants may print out the application form from HOPE Network’s website and submit with 3 photocopies of everything, as specified on the form. Website is: www.hopenetworkinc.org
HOPE Network is a volunteer-based grass-roots support system providing emotional, educational, and material support to single pregnant women and single mothers and their children in the greater Milwaukee area.
Key programs are: cribs and safe sleep education, 24-page quarterly resource newspaper, scholarships, clothing banks, and family events. HOPE Network was founded in 1982 by Menomonee Falls resident Gail Grenier Sweet.
- Freistadt 4-H Friends Completes 2015-2016 4-H Year
- St. Agnes Parish Festival
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6