On Sunday, February 9th, residents of Washington County gathered at Washington County Fair Park for the annual Celebrate Families event. Members of Freistadt 4-H Friends volunteered to help in areas such as face painting, hands-on activities, the petting zoo, the food stand and the archery range. The club members are volunteering their time in an effort to volunteer 100 hours of service to celebrate 100 years of 4-H in Wisconsin.
Khia Kurtenbach, age 17, and member of Freistadt 4-H Friends says, “4-H is about bettering our communities, this is the 100th birthday of 4-H in Wisconsin, what better way to celebrate a birthday than to give back.” Freistadt Friends is also volunteering in the Menomonee Falls MS walk, the Germantown adopt-a-park program, bell ringing for the Salvation Army, and the Germantown Easter Egg Hunt as well as the Germantown Christmas and July 4th parades.
Kurtenbach adds, “4-H has always been about teaching life skills. Lessons and activities are constantly adapted to teach members to develop leadership skills. 4-H will always be about learning and doing.”
Freistadt 4-H Friends meet at the Germantown library at 6:30 P.M. on the 3rd Monday of the month. For more information, call Kristie Kurtenbach, Freistadt Friends General Leader, at 262-643-4289.
- Freistadt 4-H Friends Completes 2015-2016 4-H Year
- St. Agnes Parish Festival
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6