Hamilton High School art students earned five awards in the 2014 Scholastic Art Awards – Wisconsin Regional Competition and Exhibition. Students who earned awards were:
•Laura Eichsteadt, Gold Key for senior photography portfolio;
•Rebecca Hang, Gold Key for painting;
•Rachel Klibowitz, Silver Key for printmaking;
•Emily Bader, Honorable Mention for drawing; and
•Chloe Simchick, Honorable Mention for drawing.
The Wisconsin Scholastic Art Awards program, which features outstanding works by students in grades 7–12, is the regional section of the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards National Program conducted by the Alliance for Young Artists and Writers, Inc.
Students will be recognized Feb. 8 at a private awards ceremony at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The Silver Key and Gold Key artwork will be exhibited Feb. 1 - March 16 in the museum’s Schroeder West Galleria & Pieper Education Gallery. The Gold Key award-winners’ work will go on for national competition.
Gallery Talks with award-winning students, teachers and exhibition coordinator Helena Ehlke will be held Feb. 15 and March 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- INTERFAITH TEAMS UP WITH LA CASA FOR TRAVELING ART EXHIBITION BY OLDER ADULTS
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6