Feb. 5, 2013
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Gerbig, WPT producer, 608-265-4444, email@example.com
The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
In the concerts, Sara Backstrom and Gabriella Klotz of Menomonee Falls perform with the treble choir. Both students attend Pius XI High School.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6
- August Movies at the Falls Library
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"