The Germantown Historical Society’s 2012 season is coming to a close. The Bast Bell Museum will close for the season on Sunday, October 28th, 2012. The museum’s season runs from June 1st through November 1st each year; open Friday through Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. We have been proud to share the history of Germantown and our amazing collection of bells with many visitors this season.
If you missed your chance to visit this season, tour groups of ten or more are able to schedule a group tour throughout our off-season.
The Germantown Historical Society would like to thank all who participated in our Annual Hunsrucker Oktoberfest! Community support was at an all time high and the Germantown Historical Society is thankful for your support. Festival attendants feasted on potato pancakes, brats, and delicious sweets; danced to many lively bands; and enjoyed many boots of beer. A special thanks to Jeff Dhein and the Oktoberfest Committee for making Oktoberfest a huge success!
Although the museum will be closed until June 2013, the Germantown Historical Society will have select events during the off season. Mark your calendars for our Annual Sinter Klausen Christmas Concert on Sunday, December 2th, 2012 from 3 to 4 p.m. at Christ Church Museum in Dheinsville. The concert will feature an old-fashioned children’s choir singing German/English carols. Other events include sing-a-longs, musical selections on our antique pump organ, and a visit from St. Nick.
Plan to attend our Second Annual Fur Trade Rendezvous Friday, May 31, 2013 and Saturday, June 1st, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. During the weekend visitors will be able to learn about life on the Wisconsin frontier and participate in the fun!
For more information call 262-628-3170 or visit www.germantownhistoricalsociety.com
To visit the Germantown Historical Society in Dheinsville Historic Park, take Hwy 41/45. Exit on Hwy. 167 W/Holy Hill Road. Go EAST on Holy Hill Road. Museum in 2 miles.
- Freistadt 4-H Friends Completes 2015-2016 4-H Year
- St. Agnes Parish Festival
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- Free Block Party at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Aug. 6