The Menomonee Falls cross country program's annual season-opening age group race set for Aug. 29 at Rotary Park has a new name.
The event, formally known as the Rotary Park Challenge, is now known as the Falls' Coaches Classic.
It will start at 4:15 p.m. and features four races. There will be a freshmen-sophomore race for girls at 4:15 p.m. with the same age group for the boys going off at 4:45 p.m. The junior-senior girls will compete at 5:15 p.m. and the boys at 5:45 p.m.
There will be no team scoring held in this meet and awards will be given to the first 10 runners in each grade. There will be a concession stand and T-shirts will be for sale.
The awards will be handled by former Menomonee Falls' cross country coaches Bob Rymer, Wayne Bohlmann and Jim Geisthardt.
Teams taking part in the event include Brookfield Central, Germantown, Homestead, Nicolet, Waterford, Waukesha North, Waukesha West, Wauwatosa East and Westosha Central. Results will be posted at PTtiming.
— Steven L. Tietz
- Germantown's baseball season ends with tough loss to West Bend West
- Germantown baseball team ends season with regional loss to West
- Germantown baseball team ready for tourney run
- Carly Szada helped Germantown softball team to another North Shore Conference title
- Sports Notes: July 7, 2016
- Germantown baseball team ups winning streak to five
- Germantown All-Sub choice Szada was key to sixth NSC title
- Thomas and big bats lead Germantown baseball team over Bay, 6-1
- Road trip to Whitewater helps Germantown baseball team
- Germantown's Keefe has fun, plays strong at WBCA All-Star game