Sophomore Angela Pichler scored 33 points and led Brookfield East to a 70-50 rout of Menomonee Falls on Friday at East.
The win kept the Spartans (3-1) in a second-place tie in the Greater Metro Conference, one game behind Divine Savior Holy Angels (4-0).
East jumped out to a 17-8 first-quarter lead, as junior Kellie Goodman, who finished with 13 points, and Pichler, scored seven and six points, respectively, with three 3-pointers between them. East still led, 31-23, at halftime, as the Indians could only chop a point off the margin. Pichler had 16 points at intermission.
East increased the lead to 49-36 after three quarters, as Pichler had seven points and Goodman six, including another 3-pointer.
Falls cut the lead to 41-33 with 3:49 left in the third, but Pichler scored on a drive, was fouled and sank the free throw and reserve Megan Foley hit a free throw and tossed in a rebound and Pichler put in a rebound as East went on an 8-3 run to close out the quarter.
Pichler had 10 points to close out the Indians in the fourth quarter, including 5-of-6 from the free throw line.
The Spartans were 12-of-15 from the free throw line, while freshman Jen Wandt had only two points, but she grabbed 10 rebounds and Mariah Miller had eight points and nine boards.
The Spartans pressed the Indians all night and had 13 turnovers at halftime and forced Falls into 29 for the game.
Falls fell to 2-2, as Erin Otzelberger had nine points and Claire Mohrfield had eight.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine