Menomonee Falls — Three Milwaukee men were charged with felonies after they threatened an employee during a robbery at a Menomonee Falls pharmacy and then led police on a high-speed chase the morning of Oct. 2.
According to the police report:
Two of the suspects entered CVS Pharmacy, N83 W15550 Appleton Ave., at about 8:05 a.m., and one of them walked behind the front counter and grabbed two cartons of Newport 100s and one carton of Newport milds. When an employee attempted to stop the man, he yelled "grab the gun" to the second suspect, who made a grabbing motion under his shirt, implying he had a weapon in his waistband, according to the employee, although no weapon was actually observed during the incident.
The two suspects got into a silver, four-door Mercury Sable that was being driven by a third suspect, and they fled east on Menomonee Avenue. An officer soon located the vehicle traveling northbound on Lilly Road and pulled it over near Appleton Avenue and Good Hope Road, where he attempted to make a high-risk stop. When the officer got out of his car and drew his weapon, the driver sped off, heading eastbound on Appleton Avenue.
Two marked Menomonee Falls police squads and one unmarked squad pursued the suspect vehicle into the city of Milwaukee, at speeds in excess of 80 miles per hour. The vehicle entered an alley near North 91st Street and emerged on Hampton Avenue, where it collided with another vehicle on Hampton Avenue and Grantosa Drive.
Two suspects fled the car on foot and were pursued by police while the driver, Breonteze Little, 25, was arrested and taken into custody. The fleeing suspects, Traiveon Moore, 18, and Xavier Prince, 18, were located and arrested by police within a few minutes of the accident.
After his arrest Moore admitted stealing the cigarettes, but stated he should be charged with retail theft instead of armed robbery because he didn't have a weapon, according to the police report.
All three men were charged with robbery with threat of force, a felony. Little is also charged with felony eluding and Moore was also charged with theft and bail jumping for having an outstanding theft case in Milwaukee County. Moore was also positively identified by police as the suspect in an Aug. 27 incident at CVS, when an unknown male walked behind the front counter and shoplifted several cartons of cigarettes.
All three suspects are scheduled to appear for a hearing at the Waukesha County Courthouse at 9:30 a.m. Nov. 22.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion