Proposed subdivision gets zoning approval in Menomonee Falls
Development would garner 60-65 homes
Menomonee Falls — The Village Board unanimously gave zoning approval Monday night for a planned subdivision on the west side of Pilgrim Road between Chateau Drive and Wildflower Drive. Matthew Carran, the village's community development director, said the revised zoning sets a 110-foot minimum frontage for lots in the tract, with a minimum lot size of 15,000 square feet, about one-third of an acre. Carran estimated this would allow 60-65 homes on the tract.
Carran said previous zoning would have allowed quarter-acre lots.
The subdivision is expected to have only one connection to Pilgrim Road. Discussion on the issue centered on possible increased traffic on Chateau Drive, which would link to other existing east-west roads to the north, providing alternate access to and from Pilgrim Road.
"Those residents are going to see a lot more traffic on their street," Trustee Jeremy Walz said of residents on an existing stretch of Chateau Drive. "I can see their concern."
But Carran said the Chateau Drive extension through the subdivision "is not going to be a shortcut to anyplace. Nobody from the outside is going to cut through."
Walz said he was pleased the subdivision would be less dense than originally proposed.
"It is low density, not a lot of high density or multifamily, which (would) mean a lot more traffic," Walz said.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion