I am writing to question the comment made by School Board member Bruce Warnimont with respect to purchasing Chromebooks for Germantown schools.
According to the article by Danielle Switalski, (NOW June 27), Warnimont was basing his decision, in part, on his political bias based on his assumption that Google has a history of supporting President Barack Obama. It is alarming to think that such provincial thinking is employed in making totally unrelated decisions that affect our students. Such comments are unbecoming a representative of our schools and a poor example to our young people.
I hope that Mr. Warnimont will think before he speaks in the future. Perhaps the residents of Germantown will consider the quality of decisions in the next election.
Joyce F. Guinn
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director