Menomonee Falls — It's not news to residents who have been saying it all along, but people are taking notice of Menomonee Falls. Within months of being named the 28th best place to live in the country by CNN's Money Magazine, the village has another honor to call its own.
The village of Menomonee Falls ranked 15th on a list of the nation's best small towns in a study conducted by consumer advocacy web site NerdWallet.com. The financial literacy site announced June 2 that Menomonee Falls was the top Wisconsin city on the list, which analyzed data from 924 cities with populations between 25,000 and 100,000. Wauwatosa and Oak Creek also made the top 100 cities on the list, ranking 21st and 80th, respectively.
"One of the biggest financial decisions you make is where you live," said Divya Raghavan, senior analyst at NerdWallet. "A lot of times, these kinds of lists feature big cities like San Francisco and New York City, but the atmosphere in those cities is not for everyone. There are a lot of consumers looking for smaller towns, so hopefully this list is more relatable."
Its the first study of its kind on the site, which calls itself the "nerdy friend you can count on and trust, no matter your money question."
The study looked for communities that are economically thriving and affordable, Raghavan said, taking into consideration factors such as population and income growth, affordability of housing, poverty rates and percentage of population with health insurance coverage.
"I think Menomonee Falls is a wonderful community, so it's very gratifying to see that others around the state and around the country are seeing it in a similar way," said Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald. "Menomonee Falls is a great place to raise a family and a safe community to live in, which are very important things to consider."
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion