The Germantown School Board unanimously approved a new contract for a human resources director at its meeting Thursday, June 30.
Michael Nowak, who graduated from Marian University in 2002 with a master of arts, educational leadership, was offered the new contract with an annual salary of $118,000.
Nowak previously was the principal at Franklin High School from 2012 until the end of this school year.
Before that, he also served at Waukesha South High School as principal, and assistant principal at Waukesha North High School.
According to a presentation Nowak gave, he believes effective communication, empowering others to promote risk-taking and shared ownership and problem-solving in a trustworthy courteous manner as key ideas when fostering an ideal HR environment.
Nowak aims to have a student-centered focus and holds high expectations from all students, according to a handout based off his presentation.
He graduated in 1992 from University of Wisconsin-La Crosse with a major in secondary English before going on to attend Aurora University, receiving a master of arts in teaching in 1998.
Nowak's first day in his new position was Friday, July 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director