The village of Menomonee Falls was recently named one of the safest cities in America.
This honor was received from the neighborhood research site Neighborhood Scout, which looked at cities with a population of over 25,000. The award will be presented in front of the Menomonee Falls Village Board at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Village Hall, N8480 Pilgrim Road, according to Police Chief Anna Ruzinski.
The award was unsolicited and based on the total number of crimes per 1,000 residents. Data used for the research included the total crimes in the village reported to the FBI, as well as the total population.
Crime statistics reflect the 2011 calendar year, which are the most recent vetted by the FBI.
To learn more about the ranking, visit neighborhoodscout.com.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion