I would like to remind pedestrians of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation's rule to walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic, where there are no sidewalks. It seems many have forgotten or were never aware of this, but I see it done opposite every day driving through our subdivisions in Germantown.
This practice would make the streets safer. It is hard enough maneuvering the winding streets and also trying to determine if the person walking or jogging with his/her back to us is aware of our approaching vehicle. Also, try to make eye contact, so you are all on the same page.
By the way, bicycles should ride on the right side with traffic.
For safety tips, go to dot.wisconsin.gov/safety/motorist/pedestrians/rules.htm.
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director