At-large seat one on the Germantown School Board will be available in April, and member Tom Bowe has decided to run for re-election to at-large seat seven.
Seat one incumbent Dave Magill has decided not to run for a third term, but Bowe said last week that he intends to run for his second term.
"I think we've done a lot of good things in the last couple of years," Bowe said. "One thing I think I'm pretty good at is cost-cutting, and I think we have to do a lot of that and figure out a way to do everything we want to do for education and also control costs in a down economy."
School board members are elected to three-year terms and are paid $3,500 annually.
Candidacy papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6.
A primary election, if necessary, would be held Tuesday, Feb. 17. The spring election is Tuesday, April 7.
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion
- Old Falls Village brings Civil War to life
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Sussex's Rotary Equipment Repair adds on 50,000 square feet to facility
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support