Menomonee Falls — Small town charm with big city amenities is how "Around the Corner with John McGivern" producer Lois Maurer described Menomonee Falls.
That is one of a few reasons they have chosen to feature the village on the show, which highlights the people and places of local communities on Milwaukee Public Television. That, and she lives in the village, so she said it's about time to feature her hometown.
"The neatest thing for me as a producer (of the show) has been the opportunity to learn so much about the village in which I live," Maurer said. "That's really the point of the show, after all. To help people discover unique things they didn't know about the people and places that make up our lives."
In April, McGivern visited Ernie Von Schledorn, Ally's Bistro and Marcy School. The crew will be back in June to visit more, undisclosed, locations throughout the village.
"It's all very exciting," said Jane Monsen-Hickey, associate director of the Menomonee Falls Community Chamber. "Those of us who live in the village already know how unique we are, now so many others will too."
The show, currently in its third season, will air on Milwaukee Public Television in mid-January.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion