Menomonee Falls ranked as one of the safest communities in U.S.
Village only Wisconsin municipality to make list, chief says
Menomonee Falls — Looking for a safe community? Trustees learned Monday night that a national Website has placed the village on its list of the nation's 100 safest communities.
NeighborhoodScout, a Website that offers prospective home buyers data on school ratings, crime statistics and property value appreciation, ranked Menomonee Falls 62nd among communities with more than 25,000 residents. The data is compiled from FBI crime reports for 2012.
Police Chief Anna Ruzinski said the village was the only Wisconsin community on the list.
Menomonee Falls reported 0.39 violent crimes per 1,000 residents in 2012, and 11.4 property crimes per 1,000 in 2012, the chief told the Village Board. She said the national medians were 3.9 and 28.6 per 1,000 residents respectively, while the Wisconsin medians were 2.8 and 24.5, respectively.
The chief credited Menomonee Falls' low crime rate to "the hard work of the Menomonee Falls Police Department, and the way we interact with the community."
Village President Randall Newman complimented the chief and the department, remarking that "we know those numbers are great, and you work on improving those every day."
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion