Menomonee Falls School Board Member Lori Blodorn will resign from the School Board within the next few weeks as she accepted the position of human resources manager within the School District.
Blodorn, whose Board seat is open in the spring election, will replace the current Human Resources Manager Ken Kuberka.
According to the District, Blodorn will officially start her new job in January.
The School Board will also decide in January how to handle the vacant seat. The Board can either appoint someone who would then have to run for election in April, or run with six members until the election.
More than 75 candidates were reviewed for the human resources manager position. A handful of candidates were interviewed, according to the District.
The hiring team was impressed with Blodorn's dedication, commitment and knowledge to the District.
"We are confident in Lori's ability to assist in the positive progression that the District has and continues to undertake in the human resources arena," said Director of Human Resources Christiane Standlee.
Blodorn holds a law degree from Boston College. She has worked for law firms in Colorado and Boston. She has served on the School Board since 2010, including serving on the Personnel Committee. Last April, she was selected as vice president of the School Board.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion