The Big Pig Gig will return this fall after a one-year hiatus.
The Menomonee Falls Community Chamber is bringing back the event, which features barbecue, music and other entertainment.
The event debuted in 2007 with the Kansas City Barbecue Society's barbecue cookoff competition and returned in 2008. However, chamber officials took a year off to evaluate and beef up the event.
"The first years of the event were well attended, and we learned a lot," chamber President Sal Zizzo said in a news release. "People really enjoyed the spirit of the festival, and wanted to see it return."
The two-day event will be held Sept. 17 and 18.
In past years the chamber received Department of Tourism grants for the event. The chamber is eligible for a $20,000 grant for this year's event.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion