A firefighter was injured - breaking a leg after slipping on a wet floor - during the Fire Department's response to a structure fire at Lamplight Farms, N4900 Lilly Road, on Dec. 15.
An industrial oven left on after the business had closed for the day was the cause of the fire. The company makes lamp oil, and runs tests on its products by warming them in ovens, Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey said.
An item inside the oven started on fire and the fire spread outside the oven, triggering the sprinkling system. The company's alarm company monitors the sprinkler system and contacted the department. No one was at the business.
The department received the call at 10:48 p.m. and a crew arrived at the business five minutes later.
Firefighters extinguished the fire with chemical extinguishers within 10 minutes. Crews left the scene at 1:06 a.m.
Damage is estimated at $8,000.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion