The Menomonee Falls Police Department issued a crime alert to residents after an unknown subject burglarized multiple residences in the city of Brookfield, and then attempted to burglarize a residence in Menomonee Falls on Aug. 7.
According to the Menomonee Falls Police Department's crime alert:
An unknown subject rang the doorbells and knocked on the front door of a residence on Stoneridge Drive at about 3:10 p.m. Aug. 7. When the resident chose not to answer the door, the subject went around to the rear of the residence and knocked repeatedly and loudly on the back door. When the resident didn't respond, the subject tried to forcibly enter the home, and the resident ran out the front door and called police.
When police arrived they checked the area but could not locate the subject.
Police believe this attempted burglary is related to a burglary at a home at 4 p.m. the same day in the area of Lilly Road and Burleigh Road in the city of Brookfield.
There was also an attempted burglary prior to this event.
According to the crime alert, a Brookfield resident called police before the 4 p.m. incident at Lilly and Burleigh to report that a subject came to his home looking for a person named "Sarah." When the resident said there was no one living there by that name, the subject entered a vehicle described as a brown and/or tan SUV, similar to a Chevrolet Blazer, with a passenger inside. The vehicle was last seen driving slowly down the street, in the direction of the home that was burglarized.
The subjects were described as white males in their 20s with a "scruffy" appearance.
The city of Brookfield also reported three residential burglaries on Aug. 5.
The Menomonee Falls Police Department advises residents to not answer the door for someone they do not recognize and ask that person what their reason is for being there. If the person is believed to be suspicious, residents should call police immediately.
If possible, residents should try to get a description of the person and vehicle and relay this information to the responding officers.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion