Menomonee Falls Fire Department Chief Jeffrey Hevey has left his post to take a new position in Texas.
Hevey's last day with the Falls Fire Department was July 5, confirmed Menomonee Falls Chief of Police Anna Ruzinski. Word initially surfaced on social media in June that Hevey was leaving for Texas, but he would not comment until details were finalized.
Donald Umhoefer is serving as the acting fire chief.
Hevey was named fire chief of the Harris County Emergency Service District No. 48, which is located in western Harris County between Houston and Katy, Texas. The district services a community of more than 100,000 people within a 45-square mile area.
Hevey was appointed as the Menomonee Falls Fire Department chief in January 2009.
"We wish him well, it's a great opportunity for him and we understand why he made that decision," Ruzinski said.
- Menomonee Falls Girl Scout aids in Central America's conservation efforts
- Two suspects apprehended in Menomonee Falls armed robbery
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Major phase in Menomonee Falls' White Stone Station completed
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- The Falls Guy, July 28, 2016: A trip down memory lane
- Falls woman dreams of starting her own dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion