The Milwaukee District Attorney's office is reviewing allegations against a Germantown teacher for inappropriate contact with a high school student.
Late last week, a teacher with the Germantown School District was reported for having "inappropriate contact" with a student at a nonschool sponsored event in Milwaukee. The gender and age of the teacher in question have not been released.
A report was filed by the school district with the Milwaukee Police Department and the teacher was placed on administrative leave with pay on April 16, according to a news release from the School District. According to the district, the leave was necessary to allow time for the police department to conduct an accurate and thorough investigation of the allegation.
The school district and a spokeswoman with the Milwaukee Police Department said additional information is not available at this time as it is an ongoing investigation. The teacher's leave will continue until the investigations are further along and employment status at that time will be re-evaluated, according to the school district.
GermantownNOW.com will have more details when available.
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director